Some point about your community
Much More.. or Create an Account

I am super Awesome Announcement, with links and can be used to announce important things. Check here
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
qbittorrent
Question 
HoHey guys,

First post Big Grin .

I'm trying to run your qbittorrent container on Arch Linux with docker and docker-compose installed.

I've made a little script the info from your github page:

Code:
docker create \
  --name=qbittorrent \
  -v /var/lib/docker-data/qbitdata/config:/config \
  -v /data/qbdownlds:/downloads \
  -e PGID=100 -e PUID=1001  \
  -e UMASK_SET=022 \
  -e WEBUI_PORT=8080 \
  -e TZ=Europe/Amsterdam \
  -p 2515:2515 \
  -p 2515:2515/udp \
  -p 8989:8989 \
  linuxserver/qbittorrent

I need to change the ports because 2515 is forwarded from a VPN provider and 8080 is in use, so 8989 for qbittorrent webUI.

The PGID and PUID are the users' PID and UID that will run the container. The dirs at -v have permissions set to these GID and UID.

So this created the container with the name qbittorrent, but it doesn't start it, so to start I issue:

Code:
$ docker container start qbittorrent

However, this runs the image still opening and listening port 8080 (the ones I specify are there as well):

Code:
CONTAINER ID        IMAGE                     COMMAND             CREATED             STATUS              PORTS                                                                                                  NAMES

259fd3a5a152        linuxserver/qbittorrent   "/init"             22 minutes ago      Up 15 seconds       6881/tcp, 0.0.0.0:2515->2515/tcp, 0.0.0.0:8989->8989/tcp, 0.0.0.0:2515->2515/udp, 8080/tcp, 6881/udp   qbittorrent

So I stop the container, edit the config in config/qBittorrent/qBittorrent.conf and change "Connection\PortRangeMin=" to 2515 and "WebUI\Port=" to 8989, but after a restart, it is set back to 8080.

How can I change the port permanently to 8989?

Thanks for all the work, appreciate any feedback!

EDIT: Nevermind, I'm an idiot Rolleyes . Changed the script with WebUI\Port=" to 8989, that was still 8080.