Some point about your community
Much More.. or Create an Account

I am super Awesome Announcement, with links and can be used to announce important things. Check here
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Request - Minio docker (for unRAID)
With the demise of Crashplan Home I have been searching for a replacement, or at least one that will get me close.  After quite a bit of looking around I think I may have found a combination that will work for my needs.  With that in mind I am throwing a vote out there for Minio (https://www.minio.io/)

After doing some searching, a lot of reading (and procrastination since Crashplan Home is already gone), I found a blog article here (http://blog.quindorian.org/2017/08/diy-c...tyle.html/) talking about combining Minio and Duplicati to achieve a similar effect to that of Crashplan.

I had Crashplan home configured to back up 8 different computers to there cloud, but I also had 6 of those backing up to a local and dedicated Crashplan box.  Based on my reading above I should be able to accomplish the cloud portion by using duplicati to go to Amazon S3 (which I have no problem paying for) for the cloud portion of my backup.  If we can get a Minio (for unRAID) docker then I think I can get it set up in such a way as to mimic the local Crashplan Server I had running with there service.

Thoughts and suggestions welcome.