Some point about your community
Much More.. or Create an Account

I am super Awesome Announcement, with links and can be used to announce important things. Check here
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[New] requesting git server (gogs or gitlab)
hi,

i would like to request an linuxserver version of gogs (if not possible, perhaps gitlab). they are both git hosting servers. 

why?
i have been using the official gogs docker (https://hub.docker.com/r/gogs/gogs/) locally on my machine for quite a while now. this worked fine. however, now i am running on a synology ds918+ and keep having permission errors. while i can set up and configure gogs in the browser, there is no way to `git push -u origin master` to my server. the folders that gogs need to write in are supposedly read-only (or rather, have no writing permission), even though i attempted several times to assign them the appropriate rights:
- created a user *git* on my synology (gogs runs as git) and made folders writeable to it
- made folders writeable to UID 1000 GID 1000 (these are the git users values when it creates folders to the linked dir on my synology)
- made folders writeable to user docker*

* this usually works when using linuxserver.io images: i provide the appropriate values (in my case PUID 1028 and PGID 100) as environment variables and everything works the way it should. since the official gogs image does not seem to have variables for user and group id, i cannot do this.

i have asked about this in the official gogs help forum, but no success. maybe somebody on here would be so kind and could help me out and/or provide a different image. 

thanks in advance for your support Smile