Some point about your community
Much More.. or Create an Account

I am super Awesome Announcement, with links and can be used to announce important things. Check here
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Suggestions for Dell T330 w/ RAID10
Question 
I'll be setting up a Dell T330 w/ a PERC H730 Controller running RAID10 for a small business soon.

Requirements:
  • CentOS for core applications
  • UniFi Controller running in some environment
  • UniFi NVR/Video running in some environment
  • Crashplan and possibly other apps running in some environment
  • Slight potential for an additional OS at some point in the distant future
My top options as I see them:
  • Install CentOS and don't worry about running a layer1 hypervisor, because they may never need it. Install Docker in order to easily run UniFi and other apps. Install KVM if another VM is ever needed.
  • Run ESXi to future-proof with virtualizing functionality and then either run one VM of CentOS and everything else like described above, or a CentOS VM and maybe Ubuntu VM for other Docker containers and apps.
  • Install Proxmox, a CentOS VM, and then LXC Ubuntu containers for UniFi and other apps.
I'd love to hear from you all on what your gut reaction was to what I'm describing and how you would do it. Thank you!