Some point about your community
Much More.. or Create an Account

I am super Awesome Announcement, with links and can be used to announce important things. Check here
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stale File Handle Error
I'm running into an issue it seems with a bunch of dockers, all of the LS.io variant. It's not a problem specifically with the containers and their config, but with the underlying system being stored on. This may be a lack of understanding on my part. I've also noticed everything I search for with this references NFS, but I'm not using NFS storage here.

High level: Ubuntu 16.04 VM running Docker 1.13.1. Local storage is used for configs and most locations. There are a few using shared folders via CIFS from a system running OpenMediaVault. Permissions are all handled and working correctly, to my understanding. 4 mounts to the system being used, as outlined below. 

Problem: If running all containers, some container will always end up being the one (usually the last started) that can easily function and access the directories as expected. The other containers will provide the Stale File Handle Error if I do anything inside the shared directories inside the container, such as running a simple ls command to see the directory. I'm using the usual docker exec -it <name> bash command to get inside and check. 

It sort of feels like there is some sort of race condition with locks on the directories. It's a myriad of whack a mole I play making sure everything is running as smooth as possible with the directories. Any help to help me isolate and find out how we may be able to rid myself of this error would be extremely helpful 

/etc/fstab contents:
Code:
//atlantis/dockerdata    /mnt/dockerdata    cifs    credentials=/home/storage/.smbcredentials,iocharset=utf8,uid=1001,gid=100    0    0
//atlantis/logs   /mnt/logs cifs    credentials=/home/storage/.smbcredentials,iocharset=utf8,uid=1001,gid=100       0       0
//atlantis/media   /mnt/media cifs    credentials=/home/storage/.smbcredentials,iocharset=utf8,uid=1001,gid=100       0       0
//atlantis/temp   /mnt/temp cifs    credentials=/home/storage/.smbcredentials,iocharset=utf8,uid=1001,gid=100       0       0

mount output:
Code:
//atlantis/temp on /mnt/temp type cifs (rw,relatime,vers=1.0,cache=strict,username=storage,domain=ATLANTIS,uid=1001,forceuid,gid=100,forcegid,addr=10.x.x.x,unix,posixpaths,serverino,mapposix,acl,rsize=1048576,wsize=65536,actimeo=1)
//atlantis/dockerdata on /mnt/dockerdata type cifs (rw,relatime,vers=1.0,cache=strict,username=storage,domain=ATLANTIS,uid=1001,forceuid,gid=100,forcegid,addr=10.x.x.x,unix,posixpaths,serverino,mapposix,acl,rsize=1048576,wsize=65536,actimeo=1)
//atlantis/media on /mnt/media type cifs (rw,relatime,vers=1.0,cache=strict,username=storage,domain=ATLANTIS,uid=1001,forceuid,gid=100,forcegid,addr=10.x.x.x,unix,posixpaths,serverino,mapposix,acl,rsize=1048576,wsize=65536,actimeo=1)
//atlantis/logs on /mnt/logs type cifs (rw,relatime,vers=1.0,cache=strict,username=storage,domain=ATLANTIS,uid=1001,forceuid,gid=100,forcegid,addr=10.x.x.x,unix,posixpaths,serverino,mapposix,acl,rsize=1048576,wsize=65536,actimeo=1)