Some point about your community
Much More.. or Create an Account

I am super Awesome Announcement, with links and can be used to announce important things. Check here
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How reliable/ meaningful are the download statistics?
Hi there,

I'm the developer of NZBHydra. I was wondering what the download statistics mean. It currently says 656,971 downloads for Hydra. How does that translate to actual users? Is that something that you can say? I don't know a thing about docker...

Thanks!
Hi @theotherp

Unfortunately the statistics for pulls don't have any direct or indeed indirect correlation to actual users
Whenever a user pulls a fresh copy of an image and to a lesser extent checks for an update (unraid is about the only system we know of that can check for updates) it adds to the pull stat

the act of pushing an image to the hub also generates 4 pulls but is negligible as we only usually do a build once a week

we use it as a guide on popularity of our images and we try to ascertain if we have new users by falls in the time between major increments, for instance the time between each new million on the total stat figure is steadily coming down
Thanks! For some reason I wasn't informed about your reply and when I manually checked I didn't see it until now...
I think you need a poll of some kind with some targeted questions. Maybe if you get some data and analyze it, you'd be able to make an educated guess on how that translates to actual users. Easier said than done though, I know.