Some point about your community
Much More.. or Create an Account

I am super Awesome Announcement, with links and can be used to announce important things. Check here
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deciding on CPU and Mobo combos for virtualized + xRAID system
John, post: 1287, member: 57 Wrote:Thank you for your reply. I forgot to metion I do not do 1080, but mostly 720 and even worse to wireless clients.

Here is an example for the streaming capability of the platform:

[MEDIA=youtube]43yeQ0gcnSk[/MEDIA]

I will have an Esxi hosts in addition, so if the platform cannot handle the load, I can run plex on a vm while keeping media on the storage server.

Very tempting to build a mini-itx NAS with 10-12 drives. Now, I need to find a suitable case Smile

Impressive...unless you need to transcode anything. Any word on what hit it takes while transcoding?

Kryspy
My media enthusiast friends say that it preform quite good with transcodeing
Whatever, post: 1292, member: 52 Wrote:I would look at the Silverstone DS380 or the Lian Li Pc-Q26.

Yes, I have also looked at some build videos of the DS380 already.

Not decided yet, but the possibility of having 8 swappable disk for the main pool is tempting. Will look at the Q26 as well.
...speaking of which...

[USER=3]@grumpybutfun[/USER] has gone awfully quiet since the unRAID thread was closed down.

Any news on the forthcoming "GrumpyRAID"?
I am also wondering about Grumpy, even if his distro will never happen he would be a valuable member of this forum.
He's still working on it. It will be very good.
Adopted LT policy of constant delays and no communication? Lol
Hahaa
AndroidCat, post: 1310, member: 5 Wrote:Adopted LT policy of constant delays and no communication? Lol

Zing! Although, the difference is that his product isn't on the market yet and is considerably larger in scope I believe. I'll hit him and see what the state of play is atm.