Some point about your community
Much More.. or Create an Account

I am super Awesome Announcement, with links and can be used to announce important things. Check here
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Main Repo] [Support] Linuxserver.io - Beets
(01-09-2017, 07:04 PM)wawawawa Wrote:
(08-11-2015, 07:06 PM)LinuxServer.io Wrote: [Image: linuxserver_medium.png]

Application Name: Beets
Application Site: http://beets.radbox.org/
Docker Hub: https://hub.docker.com/r/linuxserver/beets/
Github: https://github.com/linuxserver/docker-beets

Please post any questions/issues relating to this docker you have in this thread.

Hi All

I use docker extensively but I'm having problems with this container.

DOCKER HOST:
One of a number of CoreOS VMs running on Proxmox.
NFS mounts from remote NAS and from local ZFS pools (which are shared and then remounted via NFS)

On the NAS and other remote shares, the owner of all directories that we're concerned with is UID=1026 and GID=65536. Dir perms are all 775, File chmod are all 664. All files are owned by 1026 and group 65536.

On DOCKER_HOST:

Code:
    # cd /mnt/remote_nfs/<problem dest>     
    # stat .
     File: '.'
    Size: 4096       Blocks: 8          IO Block: 32768  directory
    Device: 2fh/47d Inode: 26148866    Links: 3
    Access: (0775/drwxrwxr-x)  Uid: ( 1026/ UNKNOWN)   Gid: (65536/ UNKNOWN)
    Context: system_u:object_r:nfs_t:s0

I want to move my perfectly-legally obtained music into a library. The beets app is failing on copying from the "/downloads" to "/music" with a `permission denied`.

In docker-compose.yml, I explicitly set PGID and PUID to 65536 and 1026 respectively.

Let's have a look from within the container:

Source directory:

Code:
    # docker exec -it beets sh -c "ls  -ld /downloads/<problem source>"
    drwxrwxr-x 3 abc abc 4096 Aug 30 09:11 '/downloads/<problem source>'
    # docker exec -it beets sh -c "id abc"
    uid=1026(abc) gid=65536(abc) groups=65536(abc),1000(users)

Destination direction:

Code:
    # docker exec -it beets sh -c "stat  \"/music/<problem dest>\""
    File: /music/<problem dest>
    Size: 4096       Blocks: 8          IO Block: 32768  directory
    Device: 2fh/47d Inode: 26148866    Links: 3
    Access: (0775/drwxrwxr-x)  Uid: ( 1026/     abc)   Gid: (65536/     abc)

OK - Let's kick it up a notch. If I make `/music/problem dir` chmod 777 then the docker app is able to create the requisite first level sub-directory and succeeds in copying the first file, but fails when trying to unlink the file from the source directory.

The clue is that in the directory created by beets is a flac file:

Code:
      File: '<file created by beets>'
      Size: 30777736   Blocks: 60120      IO Block: 131072 regular file
    Device: 2fh/47d Inode: 26148872    Links: 1
    Access: (0644/-rw-r--r--)  Uid: ( 1024/ UNKNOWN)   Gid: (  100/   users)
    Context: system_u:object_r:nfs_t:s0

So, it's clear that for some reason the processes are running with these permissions.

Where is the UID=1024 and GID=100 coming from? 

Could this be a problem with the DockerFile?  I've reviewed the DockerFile for linuxserver/beets and the parent Alpine and cannot find this anywhere.

Can you suggest any additional steps to troubleshoot this?

I've tried `privileged: true` (=>same result) and forcing the user `user: "1026"` (=>container won't start) in docker-compose.yml.

Any ideas?

Hey,

I have to be honest, I don't fully understand your setup so any help with be stuff that you've already worked out. We don't really support mounting of NFS shares as it can become a minefield in permissions issues/errors. 

The only thing I can suggest is re-trace your steps with the remote mounts or scale back the setup. For example, set beets up with local fs first, confirm that's working and then add in 1 remote mount etc etc and confirm at each change that it still works as intended then hopefully once you get near your ideal setup config, you should see where it fails so it will show where to look...Basically trial and error Smile

I look forward to see your findings!
Main: i5-3570k @ 4.0GHZ | 8GB Ram | 250GB SSD + 1TB HDD | EVGA 780 SC 6GB
Server: HP N54L | 8GB Ram | UnRAID v6.2.4 | 10TB Data [2x3TB+2x2TB] + 3TB Parity
RPi2 Model B 1GB: LibreELEC x2 / Wetek Hub: LibreELEC / DigiBit R1 Sat>IP Receiver

Is it possible to upgrade PIP on the image and install the following plugins: beets-follow, discogs-client, pylast, pyechonest?
(14-09-2017, 01:13 PM)pat.s Wrote: Is it possible to upgrade PIP on the image and install the following plugins: beets-follow, discogs-client, pylast, pyechonest?

Submit a PR against the github repo and we'll look at it. Pip should be at the latest version already (images get refreshed weekly) so you might just need to update your container.
Server: HP N54L | 8GB Ram | UnRAID v6.2.4 | 10TB Data [2x3TB+2x2TB] + 3TB Parity
RPi2 Model B 1GB: LibreELEC x2 / Wetek Hub: LibreELEC / DigiBit R1 Sat>IP Receiver

(13-09-2017, 11:38 AM)j0nnymoe Wrote: Hey,

I have to be honest, I don't fully understand your setup so any help with be stuff that you've already worked out. We don't really support mounting of NFS shares as it can become a minefield in permissions issues/errors. 

The only thing I can suggest is re-trace your steps with the remote mounts or scale back the setup. For example, set beets up with local fs first, confirm that's working and then add in 1 remote mount etc etc and confirm at each change that it still works as intended then hopefully once you get near your ideal setup config, you should see where it fails so it will show where to look...Basically trial and error Smile

Hello - No problem. I understand.

Can you answer a question for me please?

- What UID / GID does beets run as by default and where is this set (i.e. which DockerFile?)

Thank you
(15-09-2017, 02:08 PM)wawawawa Wrote:

- What UID / GID does beets run as by default and where is this set (i.e. which DockerFile?)

Thank you

If no PUID/PGID values are set in the docker command, the container will try to run as root. Smile

(15-09-2017, 02:08 PM)wawawawa Wrote:

Thank you

You really should set the puid and guid variables to whatever your user is in the docker run/create command so the container uses those. If you don't set them, they will default to 911, right here: https://github.com/linuxserver/docker-ba...10-adduser
Has anyone figured out a way to trigger beets automatically after Sabnzbd completes a download? I've tried creating a script to do this... I've also made similar post in the Sabnzbd thread, https://forum.linuxserver.io/thread-209-...ml#pid3078

Thanks for any advice!